Saturday, 27 March 2010

Algeciras - Ronda railway line to re-open on April 23

According to ADIF (Administrador de Infraestructuras Ferroviarias), the railway line administrator agency, the connection between Algeciras and Ronda is to be re-opened to traffic on April 23. They report that  over 85% of the work is completed and the remaining 15% or so can be carried out without closing the line to passenger or cargo trains. Modernization included work on the infrastructure and superstructure of the line 'in preparation for electrifying' it at a later date. Forteen tunnels had to be reinforced  (photo: EuropaSur)and all the wooden sleepers have been replaced. The line has been closed since October 26 last year and some delays occurred due to inclement weather.

No comments: