Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Reader's Question: Can I pay my IBI bill directly into the Town Hall's account?

Page 1 of online 'payment slip'
(Via e-mail) "I wonder if you could help me regarding the IBI bill have just been forwarded for my apartment in Jimena. It is the first bill I have received since buying the apartment and it needs paying by the end of April. Can you pay it into the Town Halls bank account? The Jimena Town Hall website seems to offer no advice reagrding IBI. Any advice would be grateful as I have already been fined for late payment even though I have never received a bill, if they do issue them." Prospero just called the tax office in Jimena. Their answer was that, no, you can't transfer the money directly into the Town Hall account as the bank has to have a bar code, but you might be able to do something via the Diputación website. "So what happens to owners who do not live in the village full time and do not have enough Spanish to deal with the website?" asked Prospero. "They should pay by direct debit," was the answer. But there's more.PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ITEMS SUCH AS THIS MAY BE SUBJECT TO SUBSCRIPTION IN THE FUTURE but you can make a donation NOW, too! Please click here for more information on how to help us continue. >>>We will find out more when we've had time - watch this space. In the meantime, Dear Reader, the tax office is not obliged by law to send you a bill, but it is required to communicate due dates with sufficient notice. That they do by putting notices up in bars.

No comments: