Saturday 20 November 2010

Reader's Choice: My first album

Gif Created on Make A Gif
Wow, our request for your first album has brought in several items, including this one from Sandy, who says, "I bought this in 1976 or 77. I chose this track off the Hotel California album because I was a new kid in town. Town was London, and my parents moved there from Cornwall. I felt like a fish out of water at 14 and I remember crying to this song. Things went uphill later. P.S. Great idea, Prospero. Hope a lot of people send their first music in! You're not as young as I thought." Why, thank you, Sandy.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Led Zeppelin were my early album buys.....try Rain Song or When the Levee Breaks for sheer genius.First singles were The Poacher by Ronnie Lane and When I´m dead and gone by McGuinness Flint.Also an early buy was Lou Reeds Transformer with Walk on the Wild Side and Perfect Day.Has anyone seen Susan Boyles version of Perfect Day?Lovely!