The 'public participation' company run from Mancomunidad de Municipios, ARCGISA (Aguas y Residuos del Campo de Gibraltar S.A.), closed its 2009 financial year with a loss of €4,000,000, according to the company's statement. Our readers will have seen the name on their water bills, but the company carries out several different activities throughout the Campo, though not all services in all the municipalities. Headquartered at the Mancomunidad offices in Los Barrios, ARCGISA carries out the following:>
- Treatment and distribution of water throughout the Campo de Gibraltar.
- Water management (supply, treatment and purifying) in San Roque, Castellar de la Frontera, Jimena de la Frontera and Los Barrios.
- Urban waste recovery and management in Tarifa, Castellar de la Frontera, Jimena de la Frontera and Los Barrios.
- Steet cleaning inTarifa andJimena de la Frontera.
- Treatment and elimination of urban waste in the whole Campo de Gibraltar.
- Selective recovery of urban recyclable material (paper/cardboard, glass, batteries and other elecrric residues) in the whole area.